TROY - A Thursday morning fire left heavy damage to a mobile home in Troy, the town's fire chief said, and a fund has been set up at a local bank to help the displaced family.
Firefighters were called to 515 Market St. after Mary Wedding called to report the fire in the home rented by her daughter, Dayna (Bateman) Clifton. Fire Chief Pudder Linne said the blaze began in the kitchen's oven and gutted that room.
There was smoke damage to the rest of the residence.
A fund to help Clifton and her two sons, ages 16 and 18, has been established at First State Bank.