.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
PHOTO: Stuart Cassidy
Firefighters in Cannelton were able to contain a house fire at 416 Knight St. Thursday Smoke was reported shortly before 11 a.m. by 4-year-old preschooler, Carlos Zepeda – pictured inset right – and his mother, Jessica, as they made their way to afternoon classes. The pair reportedly walked to a neighboring home and had the owners call 911. First responders and volunteer firefighters quickly on scene found no one home at the Jerry Eades residence.. With the power disconnected and firefighters inside the home, neighbors who looked on also expressed relief that a dog known to live in the home was also not there. Fire Chief Chris Herzog said the small blaze started in the back of the home and made its way up the “balloon style” framing. Early indications are that it may have started by faulty electrical wiring, but that has not been confirmed.
Fire damages home in Cannelton

Top Recipes