- Special Sections
- Public Notices
PERRY COUNTY - The Perry County Women for Women, a fund of the Perry County Community Foundation announces its 2009 grant cycle. A grant award of up to $5,000 is available. The Perry County Women for Women wants to fund projects that support the following goals:
• To raise awareness of Perry County females about gender issues.
• To increase self-esteem of Perry County females.
• To increase awareness about the opportunities to females.
• To provide positive role models for young females.
• To actively involve young females in positive activities.
As organizations consider potential programming ideas for which they are seeking funding, the following elements should be considered:
• The project should involve direct programming for girls in the one or more of the following age categories: 8 to 10, 11 to 13 and 14 to 17.
• The program must include components of the Dove Real Beauty initiative such as debunking stereotypes and building positive self esteem and healthy body images through their specially designed education program.
• The exact format of the programming is up to the creativity of the applying agency. It may take place in a variety of settings or time periods.
• The program should include more than a single day program or event.
A letter of inquiry, limited to two pages, is required in order to apply for a grant from the Women for Women Fund. The letter of inquiry should include a budget for the grant requested. Also, attach the organization’s IRS determination letter and annual operating budget.
Letters of inquiry should be postmarked by April 30 and should be sent to Women for Women, in care of Perry County Community Foundation, P.O. Box 13, Tell City, IN 47586.