- Special Sections
- Public Notices
TELL CITY - Nearly 20 readers successfully identified the photographs of locations in Tell City published July 30 in The News' Schweizer Fest Scavenger Hunt.
Steve Weedman was chosen in a drawing of all the correct entries and wins a year's subscription to The News.
For the record the locations were:
1. The U.S. and Swiss flags painted on the mural in Sunset Park.
2. Image of Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, from "Gone With the Wind," in one of the upper-level windows of Capers.
3. The cross on Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
4. Brickwork and niche on the side of Evangelical United Church of Christ.
5. A window on the Obrecht House at Seventh and Pestalozzi streets.
6. Decorative metal globe and disc in front of Dr. Dianne Rudolph's dental clinic on Ninth Street.
7. Metal air vent atop Pacesetter Financial.
8. Stone apple and arrow atop Tell City High School facing 12th Street.
9. The numerals "203," which was the lodge number of Tell City's Knights of Pythias. The building is home today to Schaefer & Paulin.
10. Flowers on the Main Street sign of Flower Basket.
11. The finial and cross atop St. Paul Church.
12. A stone crusher in front of the Mulzer building.
13. Lettering on the wagon parked in front of Braunie's Bar.
14. The sign in front of Julie's Tell Street Café.
15. An image on a floodwall mural at Seventh and Humboldt streets.
16. The apple and arrow in the parking lot of Sunset Park in front of the boat ramp.
17. The baseball mural in Dennis Kress Park.
18. Crooked lettering on the Woodcrafters Building on Seventh Street.
19. Letters on the T&R Liquors sign on Payne Street.
20. The image of a Carhartt T-shirt on the side of Hauenstein's.
The following individuals and teams correctly found all 20 locations.
Terry Marchand Sr., Amanda Ambrose, the team of Sydney Goffinet and Natalie Peter, Joyce and Ron Crawford II, Sheila Wheeler, the team of Dex Kleeman and Steven Midgett; Colleen Smith; the team of Tiffany and Braydon Vaal and Dusty Meyer; Vivian and Ann Blandford, the team of Steve, Julie and Kendall Bennett and Drew Kirtley; Carla Owen; Marietta Collins; Marcie Hays; Danny VanWinkle; the team of Lucas, Emily and Shannon Kleeman and Sandy Parr; Emma Damin; Jason Corley and the team of Stacy, Morgan, Molly and Macey Haaff.
Amos Rippy of Tell City identified 19 of the 20 locations, but was thrown off by the mural image of the flags in Sunset Park. Amos thought the photo came from a Swiss flag on the outside of one of the Schweizer Fest trailers parked in front of Main Street.
Charles and Maytha Weatherholt also identified 19 of the 20 locations. Dr. Rudolph's metal globe eluded them.
Thanks to everyone for taking part in this year's hunt.