- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Tell City Class of 1953 will hold a luncheon and informal reunion at noon Wednesday, Aug. 6 at the Patio Steakhouse.
• Tell City Class of 1952 will hold a reunion luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6, at the Hoosier Heights Country Club in Tell City. No reservations are necessary.
• Tell City Class of 2004 will host its 10-year class reunion at 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 8, at the Knights of Columbus. Tickets will be available at the door for $30 per couple and will include drinks and dinner catered by New Boston Tavern. For more information, email email@example.com or call Zac at (812) 547-8630.
• Tell City Class of 1964 will hold its 50th reunion Friday, Aug. 8, at the Hoosier Heights Country Club in Tell City. Guests may arrive beginning at 6 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $20 per person.
For more information, call Judy Gayer Talbott at (812) 836-2000, Goldie Hollinden at (812) 719-3012 or send mail to Judy at 8430 E. State Road 66, Rome, IN 47574.
• The Oil Township class es of 1948 and 1949 will hold a joint annual class reunion at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 8, at the Patio Steakhouse. All Oil Township graduates are welcome.
• Tell City High School’s Class of 1949 will celebrate its 65th reunion at 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 8 at the Patio Steakhouse in Tell City.
• Tell City High School’s Class of 1969 will hold its 45-year reunion Friday, Aug. 8, at the Tell City Depot.
The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. A class photo is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m.
Cost for the evening is $25 per person. To make reservations for an evening with old friends and maybe some new, contact Jim Adams at (812) 549-9611 by July 31.
• Tell City High School’s Class of 1959 will have a 55-year reunion Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014, at American Legion Post 213. The reunion will start at 5 p.m. with a social hour. A buffet will be served at 6 p.m. For more information or to make reservations, contact Charles Peter at 1419 13th Street in Tell City.
• Tell City High School’s Class of 2009 will hold its five-year class reunion Saturday, Aug. 9, at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2939 in Tell City.
The reunion will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a class photo to be taken in front of the Andy Kast Memorial. Following the photo, the class will meet at the VFW.
A fee of $15 per person will be collected at the door.
Attendees are asked to take finger food as a covered dish. Cake and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
Formal invitations will not be sent. For additional information, visit the TCHS Class of 2009 five-year class reunion Facebook event page or contact Amber Thomas or Paige Gelarden through Facebook.
• A Labhart family reunion will take place beginning at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, at the 4-H fairgrounds. Take a covered dish, lawn chairs and drinks. Family and friends come join the fun.
• Descendants of Johann and Margaretha Wittman will hold a reunion Sunday, Aug. 10, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Evanston.
Registration will begin at 11 a.m. A carry-in dinner will start at noon.
Chicken, drinks, bread and table service will be provided. Attendees are asked to take a covered dish with serving utensils and any items to donate for a silent auction and be ready to bid. St. John’s Church service will begin at 9:30 a.m. and everyone is welcome to attend prior to the family fun and fellowship. No invitations will be mailed, so organizers ask everyone to pass reunion information on to all family members. For more information, contact Cheryl Southwood at (812) 719-1809, firstname.lastname@example.org or like them on Facebook: Descendants of Johann and Margaretha Wittman.
Cannelton City Schools 2014-2015 calendar
Monday, Aug. 11: First day for students
Monday, Sept. 1: Labor Day: no school
Friday and Monday, Oct. 24 and 27: Fall break, no school
Wednesday-Friday, Nov. 26-28: Thanksgiving break, no school
Friday, Dec. 19: Last day of first semester
Mon., Dec. 22 - Fri., Jan. 2: Christmas break, no school
Monday, Jan. 5: First day of second semester, school resumes
Monday, Jan. 19: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, no school (first make-up day)
Monday, Feb. 16: Presidents' Day, no school (second make-up day)
Mon., March 23- Fri., March 27: Spring break, no school
Friday, April 3: Good Friday no School (third make-up day)
Thursday, May 21: Last day for students
Friday, May 22: Last day for teachers
Saturday, May 23: Tentative graduation date
Make-up Days: Jan. l9, Feb. 16, April 3, and after the last scheduled day for students.