- Special Sections
- Public Notices
By KEVIN KOELLING
PERRY COUNTY – Perry County commissioners voted at a regular meeting Tuesday to retain for elections this year 10 of the 11 voting sites that have been used in recent years.
County Clerk Jean Schulthise told them Anderson Township voters will cast their ballots at Deer Creek Baptist Church this year.
“It’s a lot nicer location,” she said, adding it features more parking and is cleaner than the Perry County Airport site that was previously used. “I think everybody will be pleased.” The church is also accessible to handicapped voters, she said. Notices were to go to registered voters in Anderson Township informing them of the change, Schulthise said. She had already sent notices to voters affected by changes in county-council districts. As the News reported Dec. 19, the commissioners approved realignments intended to make district populations as equal as possible. That action was required in conjunction with changes reported from the 2010 census.
Schulthise said Tuesday she’s required to have the voting locations approved each January whether or not any changes are made.
The following sites will be used for the May 6 primary and Nov. 4 general election.
• Anderson Township, Deer Creek Baptist Church
• Cannelton 1 and 2, Cannelton Library
• Clark 1 and 2, Bristow Community Center
• Derby, Leopold, Oil and Rono, County Garage
• Tell City 1, 2 and 3, VFW hall, Main Street
• Tell City 4 and 8, Schergens Center, 31st and Tell streets
• Tell City 5, 6 and 7, Twilight Towers, 1648 10th St.
• Tobin, Eagle’s Bluff Park
• Town of Troy, Troy Fire Station
• Troy Township 1, Hoosier Heights Country Club
• Troy Township 2, 4-H Fairgrounds
More information for voters is available at Schulthise’s office in the county courthouse, 547-3741, and online at www.IndianaVoters. com.
Voters can call toll-free (866) 461-8683 for individual assistance through Election Day.
The News erroneously reported in our print edition that County Clerk Jean Schulthise called a newly approved voting site cleaner than a previous site at St. Mark School. She was referring to a site used by Anderson Township voters in the 2012 election, which was the Perry County Airport. That reference has been corrected here.