- Special Sections
- Public Notices
PERRY COUNTY – The Perry County Soil and Water Conservation District invites livestock producers in Perry County to attend the Southern Indiana Grazing Conference. It will be held Feb. 6 at the Simon J. Graber Building in Odon. Registration will be from 7 to 8 a.m. and the conference is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Speakers and topics are:
• Walt Davis, Okla., producer, “Tricks of the Trade and Grazing for Grain”
• David Hall, Mo., producer, “Selecting Cattle for Fescue Tolerance”
• Jay Fuhrer, N.D., Natural Resources Conservation Service, “Integrating Livestock to Work Within your System”
• Gabe Brown, N.D., producer, and Jay Fuhrer, N.D., Natural Resources Conservation Service, “Using Livestock to Rejuvenate the Land”
• Wally Olson, Okla., producer, “Marketing Strategies and Year-round Grazing”
• Ed Ballard, Ill., retired extension educator, “Extending the Grazing Season”
To register for the conference or to obtain more information, contact the SWCD office at 547-4686 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to register is 10 a.m. Jan. 23.