- Special Sections
- Public Notices
TELL CITY – The Perry County Community Foundation awarded $58,565.29 during an annual grants luncheon held Thursday at Evangelical United Church of Christ.
The event recognized discretionary grant recipients who are making a difference in this community, said Grant Committee Chairwoman Jane Efinger-Hayden. This year’s grants will support a variety of community services, from drug and alcohol abuse prevention to crisis services.
The following received discretionary grants this year:
• The League Philanthropy Programs at all county elementary schools. Cannelton elementary schools, Perry Central Elementary and William Tell Elementary were each awarded $500.
• American Red Cross, for a Community Resilience Strategies Program, $1,000
• Bread of Life Ministry Inc., for a Coalition Loads program, $950
Cannelton City Schools were awarded several grants:
• $2,500 for their Mainstreaming Special Education program
• $1,038 for a Cannelton Produces Musicians Program
• $1,347.50 for an Elementary Masters Keyboarding program
• Cannelton Police Department, for officer safety upgrades, $544.79
• Catholic Charities Tell City, for emergency financial assistance, $2,000
• City of Cannelton, for their Cannelton Gazebo Park program, $2,000
• Community Youth Camp, for their Water Fun and So Much More program, $2,000
• Crisis Connection Inc., for their Community Empowerment Library Project, $2,000
• Evansville Philharmonic Orchestral Corporation, for their Young People's Concerts, $200
• Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, for their It's a Girl Thing event, $1,000
• Horse Rescue South Inc., for the group’s horse-rescue efforts $1,500
• Junior Achievement, for a Tackling the Job Skills Gap Program, $2,500
• Perry Central School Corp., $1,510 for eXciting eBooks; $1,000 for a Lego League Program; $2,000 for Flipping for Math Program and $1,900 for a Music, Music, Music Program.
• Perry County Animal Shelter Inc., for their Kennel Pad program, $2,000
• Perry County Learning Partnership-Perry County College Success Coalition, for their information, events and marketing, $3,000
• Perry County Museum Inc., for their Perry County bicentennial exhibit program, $4,000
• Perry County Parks and Recreation, for their Riverside Park restroom facility, $2,000
• Perry County Habitat for Humanity, for assistance on home construction, $1,000
• The Salvation Army, for their emergency assistance program, $1,500
• Special Olympics Perry County, for their 2014 Special Olympics Indiana Summer Games, $2,500.
• St. Paul Church, for their Weekend Backpack Program, $3,000
• Stepping Stones Preschool, $600 for aPlay, Move, Explore, Create, Observe, Discuss, and Sing program and $600 for Small Steps to Wellness
•Tell City-Troy Township Schools, $2,300 for Promoting the Pride and $3,000 for Encasing Technology for the Future programs.
• Tots Lots Preschool, for their Technology for Tots program, $1,000
• Vincennes University, for their school suicide prevention specialists, $3,575
Also recognized Thursday were other funds distributed throughout the year. These included donor advised funds, designated funds and agency funds.
Agency funds are established by a nonprofit organization as a simple and efficient way to provide ongoing support for themselves. This year, $17,081 in agency funds were distributed.
These included the following:
• Holy Cross Catholic Church Fund, $283
• Perry County Memorial Hospital Foundation Fund, $2,296
• Perry County Memorial Hospital, $4,401
• Perry County Memorial Hospital Scholarship Fund, $3,422
• Raintree Girl Scout Council Fund for Perry County, $2,750
• Tell City Straight Shooters Fund, $909
• United Way of Perry County Literacy Fund, $3,020
Designated funds are established by donors as a simple and efficient way to provide ongoing support for favorite nonprofit organizations. This year there were $47,431.42 in designated funds distributed.
• Anonymous fund A, $5,656.00 to Evangelical United Church of Christ
• William Bower Leadership Perry County Fund, $1,277 to Leadership Perry County
• Brenner Fund, $598 to Tell City-Perry County Public Library
• Hubert R. Bruce and Louise Simons Bruce Fund- $1,284 to the USI Foundation
• James and Sue Campbell Scholarship Fund, $6,286.00 to EUCC
• Raymond A. and Mary Jean Cassidy Charitable Fund, $430.44 to St. Theresa Catholic Church, $538.05 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital-ALSAC, $860.88 to St. Augustine Catholic Church, $860.88 to Central Perry Volunteer Fire Dept.
• $2,044.59 to Alzheimer’s Association Inc., Ronald and Nancy Reagan Research Institution and $3,013.08 to Spondylitis Association of America
• Cannelton High School Alumni Fun, $324 to Cannelton High School
• Catholic Knights of America Branch 557 Fund, $1,585 to St. Paul Catholic Church, Catholic Ministry Center
• Clarence J. and Josephine F. Dauby Fund- $2,195.75 to St. Paul Catholic Church, Catholic Ministry Center, $2,195.75 to Sisters of St. Benedict and $4,391.50 to Saint Meinrad Archabbey
• Evangelical United Church of Christ Fund, $1,164 to support Evangelical United Church of Christ music and youth ministry
• Evangelical United Church of Christ Staff Sabbatical Fund, $363 to support EUCC sabbatical time
• Donna Fenn Literacy Fund, $2,242.50 to Tell City-Troy Township Schools
• Mary Ruth Heck Fund, $595.00 to Evangelical United Church of Christ
• Historic Cannelton Inc. Fund, $277 to Perry County Museum and $277 to Shubael Little Pioneer Village-Perry County Museum
• Huber Funeral Home Historic Preservation Fund- $194.50 to Tell City Historical Society and $194.50 to Perry County Museum
• Junior Achievement of Perry County Fund, $3,623 to Junior Achievement of Owensboro, Inc.
• Kids Kreation Playground Fund, $848 to Leadership Perry County to maintain the playground
• Perry Central High School Alumni Fund, $85 to Perry Central High School
• Bill and Othello Ress Memorial Fund, $1,200 to Evangelical United Church of Christ student loan program
• SIRS Endowment Fund, $409 to Southern Indiana Resource Solutions Inc.
• Tell City High School Alumni Fund, $240 to Tell City High School
• Gerald D. Thomas Fund for the Youth of Tell City- $195.69 to Tell City Athletics; $195.69 to Tell City band and $201.62 to Buffalo Trace Council-Boy Scouts of America for support of Boy Scout troops in Tell City
• Ralph and Ruth Anne Werner Fund, $592.50 to Tell City High School and $592.50 to Evangelical United Church of Christ
• Davis and Ruth Yates Scholarship Fund, $400 to Evangelical United Church of Christ scholarships
Donor-advised funds are created so the donor advises the foundation when they wish to make a grant to a charitable organization. $17,879 was awarded in donor advised funds this past year.
• Anonymous Fund J, $750 to Community Christian Fellowship of Indiana Inc, $750 to Perry County Animal Shelter, $1200 to Perry Central Community School Corp; $1,200 to Tell City High School, $1,500 to Big Brothers-Big Sisters of the Ohio Valley and $1,800 to United Way of Perry County
• Kramer Charitable Fund, $1,679 to Catholic Charities-Tell City
• Guy Neil and LaVerne Ramsey Endowment Fund- $5,000 to USI Foundation and $4,000 to Perry County Development Corporation.
Foundation Director Renate Warner encouraged anyone who wants to make a charitable gift to contact the foundation at 547-3176 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.