.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire guts Tell City family’s home

-A A +A

Perry Central School employees work to coordinate help

TELL CITY – A Saturday fire left a Tell City family working to pick up the pieces. The fire at Sam and Tara Throgmorton’s home at 1419 Fulton St. broke out Saturday afternoon and was likely caused by an extension cord running to a window air-conditioning unit, Tell City Fire Chief Greg Linne said.

The family was not at home at the time and no one was injured. However, much of the home was heavily damaged.

“The fire itself was contained to the living room and a stairwell but due to the heat, smoke and water, much of the structure was damaged,” Linne said.

The family’s three children, Travis, Troy and Abby, attend Perry Central Community School and employees there are coordinating efforts to help the Throgmortons.

Jackie Colucci, family and outreach coordinator at Perry Central, said the family lost nearly all of their belongings and are staying with relatives until they can find new housing.

The family is most in need of clothing and money at this time. Since the three children go to Perry Central, they're accepting donations there. To find out more about helping the family, call the school at 843-5122 or send email to Colucci at jcolucci@pccs.k12.in.us.

The family could use clothing and shoes in the following sizes:
Sam: 34 by 30 pants, large shirts, 9.5 shoes
Tara: Size 14 pants, large shirts, size 7.5 shows
Travis: Size 18 pants, large or adult shirts, size 7.5 shoes
Troy: Size 14 pants, medium or large boys shirts, size 7.5 shoes
Abby: Size 7-8 girls shirts and pants, size 13 shoes