- Special Sections
- Public Notices
TELL CITY – Joyce and Ron Crawford II win a year’s subscription to the News for correctly identifying 18 local landmarks in the newspaper’s annual pre-Schweizer Fest scavenger hunt contest.
Photos in the July 25 issue were of the following:
1. Barrels in a wagon in front of Braunie’s on Main Street.
2. One of the details in an airplane mural painted on the side of Hauenstein’s.
3. Portion of a sign for the Community Christian Church Preschool.
4. Window at Blackie’s Tire Shop.
5. Automatic water salesman at the water-treatment plant.
6. Firehouse Printing sign.
7. Veterans memorial in City Hall Park.
8. Sign at the Tell City Depot.
9. Sign on the Vault restaurant.
10. Side of the building of the former Dr. Gibson dental practice-Parkview Hospital.
11. Bell tower area of Evangelical United Church of Christ.
12. 1914 sign on north side of St. Paul Church ministry center.
13. City Hall Park time capsule marker.
14. Old Franklin School.
15. Knights of Columbus sign.
16. Valley Supply sign.
17. Old National Bank building.
18. Tell City Masonic Lodge.
Also correctly identifying all of the locations were:
Tom and Joan Hess; James Holman; Gretchen, Emma and Anna Armstrong; Trey and Reece Novak; Jeff and Maddi Simpson; Jan Hauenstein; Bruce DuPont and James Rash; Karen Harth and Pam Leclere; Bret, Jodi and Dex Kleeman; Holly Richardson and Lahna Fischer; Kent, Cindy and Taylor LaGrange; Sheila Wheeler; Dan and Sarah Hall; Mandy Lain; Curt and Cathy Powers; Kim Scales; Doris Hess; Sue Bosler; Sheila Yelland; Stephanie Whitaker and Joe Dickman; Carroll and Brenda Goffinet; Debbie Schraner and Mark, Michelle, Mason, Bryce and Chase Stephens.
Other readers missed one or more of the landmarks.