.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Cigarette causes basement fire

-A A +A
By The Staff

TELL CITY - A basement fire at 724 16th St. in Tell City Tuesday was caused by a discarded cigarette, according to Tell City Fire Department Chief Greg Linne.

No one was hurt in the fire, he said, adding the cigarette was discarded on the basement floor near some paper and cardboard and the fire was put out with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived. "They were pretty lucky," he said, adding there wasn't any damage to the home and he believes it was an accident.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Perry County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

Perry County News | circulation@perrycountynews.com | 812-547-3424
P.O. Box 309, 537 Main Street, Tell City, IN 47586
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday