- Special Sections
- Public Notices
TELL CITY - Bruce Chinn and Kevin Davis birdied the first playoff hole to repeat as champions of the Glen Ress Memorial Open golf scramble Sunday.
Chinn and Davis and 2005 champions Murray Minto and Erik Lassaline each shot 130 for the regulation 36 holes.
Keith Pierrard and Jim Dauby finished third at 132. That was the same score as Bob Linne and Jeff Foury had, but other than for first place ties are broken by comparing scores on their last holes.
Bill Baur and Denny Baur won the first flight with a 134, two strokes ahead of three other teams.
A separate 18-hole senior tourney was held Friday for golfers age 60 and older. Allen Kast and Bob Arnold won it, edging Rich Werner and Larry Peter on the second hole of a sudden death playoff.
Sixty-four two-man teams competed in the regular tourney and 22 teams competed in the senior tourney.
"We had a real good turnout for the senior tourney this year," said tourney co-chairman Randy Fischer.
Proceeds from the Glen Ress Memorial Open will benefit Perry County schools' athletic programs.
Top finishers in each flight:
1. Bruce Chinn/Kevin Davis 130
2. Murray Minto/Erik Lassaline 130
3. Keith Pierrard/Jim Dauby 132
4. Bob Linne/Jess Foury 132
1. Bill Baur/Denny Baur 134
2. John Lyons/Greg Meunier 136
3. Mark Flannagan/Shane Flannagan 136
4. Brian Elder/Glenn Wicker 136
1. Young/Young 141
2. Trevor Keller/Donnie Rothrauff 145
3. Keith Kirkland/Joe Flanagan 146
4. Bill Dickerson/Steve Poole 146
1. Byron Alvey/Eric Alvey 154
2. Jon Hartz/Philip Hartz 154
3. Tom Quick/Eric Spoo 155
4. Jane Miller/Cliff Miller 156
1. Allen Kast/Bob Arnold 70
2. Rich Werner/Larry Peter 70
3. Rod Malone/Bob Ward 71
1. George Lorenz/Joe Baxter
2. Dave Hammond/Jim Meek
3. Walter Graves/Bill Pierrard